Chengdu Government Sister-Cities Scholarships, offered by Chengdu Municipal Government, are intended to attract more foreign students to study in Chengdu.
1. Applicants should be foreign students from sister-cities of Chengdu, who are friendly to
2. Applicants should observe the laws and regulations of Chinese Government, behave well and meet the admission requirements of host universities.
3. Requirements on academic background and age
① Any applicant for a doctoral degree must be under (or at) the age of 40 and have a master's degree or equivalent education level.
② Any applicant for a master's degree must be under (or at) the age of 35 and have a bachelor's degree or equivalent education level.
③ Any applicant for a undergraduate or 3-year college program, must be under (or at) the age of 25 and have a high school diploma or an equivalent certificate.
④ Any applicant for a non-degree education program should study in Chengdu for at least three months, and he/she must meet the relevant requirements of the program.
⑤ The age limits can be relaxed appropriately for exceptionally distinguished applicants.
4. Applicants should have correct attitude towards study, have no infringement of school rules, and have achieved excellent academic results.
5. The foreign students who have been granted with Sichuan Provincial Government Scholarship for Foreign Students are not entitled to apply for Chengdu Government Sister-Cities Scholarship any more.
1. Doctoral student: CNY 30,000/academic year and the duration shall not exceed 3 academic years.
2. Master’s student: CNY 25,000/academic year and the duration shall not exceed 3 academic years.
3. Undergraduate student: CNY 20,000/academic year and the duration shall not exceed 3 academic years.
4. Exchange student for non-degree education program：CNY 1,000/person/month (The aggregate shall not exceed CNY 10,000/person, and will be granted at one time. The scholarship can’t be applied for repeatedly during the 3 years starting from the year when it is granted to the applicant).
III. Application Deadline
1. Degree students should lodge their applications in each spring semester. Deadline: June 30th. And the students will be granted with scholarships in fall semester if their applications have been approved.
2. Non-degree students should lodge their applications during in either spring or fall semester. Application deadline in spring semester: June 30th; application deadline in fall semester: December 30th. And the students will be granted with scholarships the next semester if their applications have been approved.
IV． Application Materials
1. Application Form for Chengdu Government Sister-Cities Scholarship. Please download the form from http://www.sculx.cn/download.asp.
2. Identity Confirmation Letter. Please download the letter format from http://www.sculx.cn/download.asp, and have it completed by related government department of respective sister-city.
3. Copy of passport.
4. The students who are currently studying at Sichuan University shall provide the Certificate of Schooling issued by the university.
Dept.: Overseas Students Office, Sichuan University
Address: No.24, South Section 1, Yihuan Rd., Chengdu,
Zip code: 610065