Full scholarship (including tuition, accommodation, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance premium) of Sichuan University (hereinafter referred to as SCU) provided by China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) is intended to aid the distinguished youth students selected and enrolled directly by the SCU for their study in China. This project is for master’s students and doctoral students only. Applicants should submit their applications straightly to the International Student Office of the SCU; the time for application is generally from early January to early April.
1. Applicants must be U.S. citizens in good health;
2. The requirements on academic qualifications and age:
●Any applicant for a master's degree must be a bachelor’s degree holder under (or at) the age of 35;
●Any applicant for a doctoral degree must be a master’s degree holder under (or at) the age of 40.
II. Application Materials (in duplicate):
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English)
You should register at the CSC Online Application System for International Students and submit application information. After submission of the information, please print a copy of Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship generated automatically by the system, affix you own signature and photo (size: 35mmx45mm); the website for online application is: http://laihua.csc.edu.cn; and the code of the agency handling online application is 10610.
2. Notarized highest diploma. In case of a currently enrolled student, you must submit a certificate issued by your current school to prove your current student status. Any text prepared in any language other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English;
3. Academic transcripts. Any text prepared in any language other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English;
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal written in Chinese or English (not less than 800 Chinese characters/words);
5. Reference letters. Reference letters in Chinese or English by two professors or associate professors;
6. A CD of your own works. Any applicant for music major is required to submit a CD containing your own works; any applicant for fine arts is required to submit a CD containing two sketches, two color paintings and two other works drawn by the applicant;
7．《外国人体格检查表》复印件。登录国家留学基金委网http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua 或 http://www.campuschina.org 下载，英文填写。申请人应严格按照《外国人体格检查表》中要求的项目进行检查。缺项、未贴本人照片或照片上未盖骑缝章、无医师和医院签字盖章的《外国人体格检查表》无效。检查结果有效期为6个月；
7. A Copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Download the form from the China Scholarship Council’s website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org, and fill it in English. The applicant should go through physical examination in strict accordance with the items required in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The Form will be considered as invalid in case of incomplete forms, or forms without a sealed photo of the applicant, or the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital. And the examination result will be valid for six months;
8. A copy of HSK Score Report (if available).Please attach a copy of the report with the application materials.
III. Admission and Notification
1. The SCU is responsible for auditing the application materials, and determining the candidates;
2. After being reviewed and approved qualified by the CSC, the candidates can get the Chinese Government Scholarship to study in
3. Each scholarship recipient will only be subsidized by one scholarship program. As for any scholarship applicant who has been admitted by several universities simultaneously, the CSC will reserve the scholarship status of only one university/college for the applicant;
4. The CSC will send Admission List, Admission Letter, and Visa Application for Study in China (Form JW201) to the SCU before June 30th, and then the SCU will deliver them to the applicants concerned;
5. After coming to
Dept.: Overseas Students Office, Sichuan University
Address: No.24, South Section 1, Yihuan Rd., Chengdu,
Zip code: 610065