1. Applicants (at least 18 years old; under 25 years old in principle) must be non-Chinese citizens with good physical and mental health and holding valid foreign passports in accordance with Nationality Law of the People’s Republic of China.
2. For applicants who were Chinese citizens and are now foreign citizens, their applications will be handled in accordance with the Notice on Standardizing Acceptance of International Students at Chinese Higher Education Institutions by the Ministry of Education.
3. Applicants must have a high school degree in minimum with good academic records.
4. Language proficiency requirements:
(1) Majors taught in Chinese
①Scored 180 or above at HSK Level 5 or other equivalent certificates of Chinese language proficiency recognized by Sichuan University;
②Applicants whose highest degree was acquired through a program taught in Chinese can provide, instead of an HSK certificate, a certificate demonstrating the program was taught in Chinese.
Majors taught in English
①Applicants who are native speakers of English are exempt from English proficiency certificates.
②Applicants who are not native speakers of English must provide a TOEFL certificate (scored 80 or above), or IELTS certificate (scored 6.0 or above), or other certificates demonstrating an equivalent level of English proficiency;
③Applicants who are not native speakers of English but acquired their highest degree through a program taught in English can provide, instead of an IELTS/TOEFL certificate, a certificate demonstrating the program was taught in Chinese.
HSK certificate is not mandatory for applicants who are first-year students of the undergraduate program of Chinese Language by School of Overseas Education.
1. A photocopy of the first page of the passport (at least six months before expiration from the date of application). Applicants currently living in Chinese mainland need to provide a photocopy of valid visa page or residence permit；
2. High school graduation certificate or pre-graduation certificate (sealed by the school). Applicants applying with a pre-graduation certificate must denote the graduation date;
3. Applicants who are living in China and have records of studying in China need to provide the document illustrating their performance at school issued by their previous Chinese schools;
4. High school academic transcripts (sealed by the school);
5. Chinese/English personal statement (Applicants applying for programs taught in English must write their personal statements in English. A personal statement should include such content as self-introduction, reasons for application, understanding of the major, and study plan.);
6. Language proficiency certificates;
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The examination results should be no more than 6 months from the date of application);
8. Applicants need to provide documents demonstrating their funding sources (or financial guarantee by the guardian). Applicants applying for full scholarships are exempt from such documents;
9. Non-Criminal Record Certificate. Applicants should provide a Non-Criminal Record Certificate issued by the local public security authority, which should be no more than six months before the date of application.
10. Award certificates or other supporting documents.
1. Applicants should ensure the authenticity and accuracy of all documents submitted. All documents should be uploaded in the form of electronic files. Monolingual documents should be attached with official Chinese or English translations.
2. Sichuan University will not handle incomplete applications; Sichuan University may require applicants to submit additional documents when necessary.
Category of majors
Annual tuition (RMB/year)
Humanities, economics, and management
Science and engineering
Pharmacy / public health
Clinical medicine (MBBS)
Arts and sports