When to apply
Only non-degree programs and the undergraduate program of Chinese Language by School of Overseas Education can be applied for the spring semester from September 15 to November 30. Non-degree programs, undergraduate programs, master’s programs, and doctoral programs can be applied for the fall semester from March 15 to May 30.
How to apply
1. Applicants applying for Chinese Government Scholarship should follow the requirements listed on the official website of China Scholarship Council (CSC, https://www.campuschina.org/) and login on the website of SCU Overseas Students Office (https://global.scu.edu.cn/oso/) to submit application documents required by Sichuan University.
2. Applicants applying for International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship and China Studies Program should file online applications according to the requirements by Center for Language Education and Cooperation (http://www.chinese.cn/) and login on the website of SCU Overseas Students Office (https://global.scu.edu.cn/oso/) to submit application documents required by Sichuan University.
3. Applicants applying for other programs should login on the website of SCU Overseas Students Office (https://global.scu.edu.cn/oso/) for online application within the required time.
1. Applicants applying for Chinese Government Scholarship programs, International Chinese Teachers Scholarship, and China Studies Program should finish applications according to the time required by the corresponding sponsor.
2. Except for applicants applying for full scholarships, other applicants should pay 600 yuan for the application fee.
3. Please be sure to check your email inbox (including the spam folder) regularly to avoid missing any notification requiring addition or correction to your application information/material/document(s). The application may be rejected in case of any incomplete or inaccurate information based on the materials submitted.
1. Applications for Chinese Government Scholarship programs will be jointly reviewed by CSC and Sichuan University.
2. Applications for International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship and China Studies Program will be jointly reviewed by Center for Language Education and Cooperation and Sichuan University.
3. Applications by self-funded students will be reviewed by Sichuan University.
1. Sichuan University evaluates applicants’ comprehensive strengths based on their application documents, interviews, and other assessments and admits applicants according to their merits.
2. Applicants should submit their contact information (e-mail, phone, and corresponding address) accurately. During the admission period, applicants should ensure timely responses to e-mail(s) from Sichuan University. Applicants who fail to reply to e-mails timely or fail to submit additional documents within the required time will be rejected.
3. Once admitted, students cannot change their major, period of schooling, and medium of instruction.
4. Accepted applicants will receive the Admission Letter for International Students of Sichuan University and visa application form (JW201/JW202). Accepted applicants should take the Admission Letter and the form to obtain a student visa (X1 or X2) at Chinese embassies or consulates. Applicants holding a non-student visa cannot be enrolled at Sichuan University.
1. Accepted applicants should enroll at Sichuan University in person with a printed Admission Letter for International Students of Sichuan University, visa application form (JW201/JW202), and relevant documents within the enrollment period. The enrollment time is normally in early March or early September. Applicants who fail to enroll two weeks later than the stipulated enrollment date will be deprived of the offer.
2. Applicants must provide the original of the certificate of the highest degree they have obtained or the notarized document of the highest degree they have obtained, Physical Examination Record for Foreigners, and the original of blood test results during enrollment at Sichuan University.
Please see the specific requirements of each project for details.